We do a lot of things on our smartphones. Some use it for work, while most use it for personal use. For techies and finance enthusiast, they also use their smartphones for banking. With the collaboration of Globe and BPI, you can now access the BPI Express mobile app, the most downloaded finance app in the Philippines, for free if you’re a Globe subscriber.
From April 30 to August 31, 2014, Globe subscribers will not get charged for mobile data whenever they access BPI Express Mobile App. This means that you can take your time in accessing your online account, paying your bills, and exploring other neat features.
Even though you won’t get charged for data, you should have at least Php. 1.00 in your account in order to access the app.
Enroll your account online
If you haven’t tried online banking with BPI Express yet, now is the best time. You can access it on your computer by visiting the website or download the app.
With the BPI Express Mobile app, you can:
- pay bills (You can view the complete list of merchants here.)
- transfer money to other BPI clients
- invest and
- reload your prepaid phone.
Besides doing online transactions, you can also use the app for monitoring your accounts. You don’t have to go to the nearest ATM location. You can simply open the app or access the website and see all your enrolled accounts and their corresponding balances.
Keeping your online account safe
Some people might be apprehensive in doing online transactions for fear of security breaches. However, BPI ensures that their customers’ accounts are protected with various security measures.
Besides requiring a user ID and password, “online banking session is automatically terminated after you have left it idle for 5 minutes.”
Tips on keeping your online account safe:
- Make sure your smartphone has a passcode. This ensures that no one can access your BPI mobile app when your smartphone is left unattended.
- Do not share password information.
- Choose a strong password.
- Update your browser and apps. Updated software is harder to infect with viruses.
The BPI mobile app is currently available for iOS, Android, and Blackberry.
For more details about the promo or if you want to try BPI’s online banking, please visit their website www.bpiexpressonline.com.
Have you tried online banking? What are the transactions that you do online?
Latest posts by Irene Chan (see all)
- Depression Drove me into the Arms of Writing Fiction - January 6, 2017
- How the Hell Do You Survive a Normal Work Day When You Are PMSing - December 6, 2016
- Does the Pomodoro Technique Really Make You Productive? - November 17, 2016