It’s hard to imagine life without a Facebook status. Since Facebook has become a daily part of my life, I have realized that the Facebook status has many benefits.
1. It encourages expression.
I believe that expression of thoughts and feelings is very important in order to have a healthy mind. Thanks to the invention of Facebook status, expressing yourself to the world is free and easy.
2. It’s a great way to vent.
When you’re day sucks, somehow it sucks a little less if you vent out through your Facebook status.
3. It’s a creative venue for would-be and professional artists.
With the Facebook status, you can share your work, be it a short quote you wrote, an epiphany or a link to your latest work of art.
4.It’s a virtual wall for graffiti.
You can scribble anything you want without getting arrested.
5. It’s a great way to put a quick review.
Diss a service or product you hate or give a 100% rating of the latest movie you watched.
6. It’s a convenient way to get back to the people who pissed you off.
Say why they pissed you off without naming them. Just say it casually as if you’re quoting from a rap song. It’s a win-win situation. You get to let the anger off your chest without having a confrontation.
7. It supports LSS (Last Song Syndrome).
Nowadays, LSS wouldn’t be complete without posting a part of the song as your Facebook status. More likely, your friends will also be affected by the syndrome as they read your status. Let’s face it! LSS is inevitably contagious.
8. It makes use of quotes.
You can’t really quote Gandhi or Albert Einstein on a regular basis, can you? How many times have you come across an inspiring quote or funny anecdote and just let it go to waste? Now, Facebook status gives you a reason to let your friends know in the hopes that they get inspired and laugh too.
Out of these eight benefits, which ones do you frequently use? How do you use or take advantage of your FB status? Or do you even use it?
Latest posts by Irene Chan (see all)
- Depression Drove me into the Arms of Writing Fiction - January 6, 2017
- How the Hell Do You Survive a Normal Work Day When You Are PMSing - December 6, 2016
- Does the Pomodoro Technique Really Make You Productive? - November 17, 2016