It’s been six months since the Xbox One and PS4 have been released. Have you bought one already, or are you still contemplating which console is better? Don’t worry, you are not alone. Even Sheldon Cooper has the same dilemma.
In Season 7 of The Big Bang Theory entitled The Indecision Amalgamation, Sheldon Cooper finally decides to get the next generation console. However, he is faced with the biggest question of all: Should he get an Xbox One or a PS4?
In this post, we’re going to adapt his way of choosing which console is perfect for you. He is probably the most qualified fictional character that can help you through this process. 😉
The first step is to drink tons of water. Wait for your bladder to be full, but then don’t pee when nature calls. When Leonard asks Sheldon why he couldn’t pee, he says, “I’m employing the work of Dutch researcher, Mirjam Tuk, who found that people with full bladders make better decisions.”
Make sure not to skip this step. This is based on real science, guys! (Seriously! But to learn more about this research, you can check it out here.)
Ps4 vs. Xbox One
Next, make sure to consider all the features of each console. Think of all the pros and cons. Consider if it fits your personality and lifestyle, too.
Here’s Sheldon’s breakdown of the pros and cons of both the PS4 and the Xbox One:
- more angular and sleek-looking.
- the PS4 uses cool new GDDR5 RAM
- the PS4 hasa removable hard drive
- control my entire entertainment system using voice commands.
- the larger size of the Xbox One may keep it from overheating.
- “But then they go and throw in an ESRAM buffer. And this ESRAM buffershould totally bridge the 100-gigabit-per-second bandwidth gap between the two RAM types.”
- Xbox One has a better camera
The Kinect can actually be either a pro or a con depending on your personality. As for me, I have always loved the Kinect. We bought it right after it was released! I love dancing games, and Kinect provides the ultimate dancing game experience.
Besides the games, the Kinect also allows you to use voice commands in controlling your Xbox.
- Xbox One the conventional DDR3 memory
- Lame name
If all else fails, flip a coin!
Amy suggests flipping a coin because you will either be excited or disappointed with the outcome.
So, what do you think of Sheldon’s way of choosing the next generation console?
If you already bought a PS4 or Xbox One, how did you decide?
*Image Credit to CBS
Latest posts by Irene Chan (see all)
- Depression Drove me into the Arms of Writing Fiction - January 6, 2017
- How the Hell Do You Survive a Normal Work Day When You Are PMSing - December 6, 2016
- Does the Pomodoro Technique Really Make You Productive? - November 17, 2016