The Philippine Youth Congress on Information Technology or Y4IT, organized by the UP System IT Foundation, will be held on Sept 17-19, 2013 at the SMX Convention Center in Pasig City.
Schools from different parts of the countries will attend the congress, but it is also open to anyone who’s interested in the recent developments in the Information Technology industry.
The topics that will be covered in the three-day conference include IT for the Blind, the New Era of Open Source, and Apps for Learning Empowerment.
Two of the featured speakers are Franky Branckaute and Janet Yoon. Franky Branckaute is the lead editor of TheBobbery. He is a tech veteran known for “his snarky and sarcastic” writing style. He has more than “10 years of experience in publishing, testing, and reviewing startups and gadgets.” His talk is titled “Startup, the Time is Now”, which will be on Day 3 of the congress.
Janet Yoon, on the other hand, is the Country Head of Google Apps Supporting Program for the Philippines. She has a degree in Mathematics and Science. Her talk will be about Google and Education.
You can get the complete list of the program for the three-day congress here. Interested individuals or organizations can register online. Here are the fees:
- • Group of 50 to 99 – Php650.00 per head/day
- • Group of 100 and up – Php600.00 per head/day
Payments can be made through any Landbank Branch. Here are the details you need when making a payment:
• Bank: Landbank of the Philippines
• Account Name: UP System IT Foundation, Inc. or UPSITF, Inc.
• Account Number: 3072-1003-60
One of the schools that will be participating in the 11th Y4IT congress is PATTS (Philippine Air Transport and Training Services) through the leadership of PATTS Innovative Computer Society. Any individuals or organizations are welcome to join the Congress. This will be mostly beneficial to those who have a career in Education and Information Technology.
Latest posts by Irene Chan (see all)
- Depression Drove me into the Arms of Writing Fiction - January 6, 2017
- How the Hell Do You Survive a Normal Work Day When You Are PMSing - December 6, 2016
- Does the Pomodoro Technique Really Make You Productive? - November 17, 2016